Campaign-related employment/internship (July through November) as a component of year-long undergraduate thesis project.
Hampshire College, Amherst, MA (B.A., '05)
* Self-designed, interdisciplinary concentration: "Democracy, Populism, and Social Change in the American Political Landscape", completed May 2004
* Pursuing a year-long independent thesis project, tentatively titled "Mousepads, Shoeleather, and Hope": 2004 and the New Politics of Progressive Mobilization
* Active in community governance, campus activism, and local politics
Semester in Washington, George Washington University (Fall 2003)
* Curriculum in applied politics, including a campaign management practicum (campaign plan, TV ad), run by the Graduate School of Political Management
The Overlake School, Redmond, WA ('01)
* National Merit Semi-Finalist, commencement speaker, student government leader
Intern, Dean for America (Seattle, WA), January 2004
* Trained volunteers, organized events, drafted literature on caucus strategy, assisted with coalition outreach.
Intern, Campaign for America's Future (Washington, D.C), Fall 2003
* Worked on a variety of research, communications, and web projects, both for CAF and the Apollo Alliance. Volunteered at Take Back America Conference, June 2004.
Campaign Planning, Citizens for Brian Derdowski (Issaquah, WA), August 2003
* Worked directly with county-council candidate on research, logistical, fund-raising, and communications projects to establish campaign operations
Campus/Local Political Organizing (Amherst, MA), Fall 2001 - Present
* Mobilized students to vote in state and local elections, including a town charter which was defeated by 14 votes. Elected to representative Town Meeting, Spring 2002; served as town representative to Cities for Peace Conference , February 2003.
Northwest Organizer Intern, Center for Environmental Citizenship (Seattle, WA), Summer 2002
* Recruited college students for summer training academies. Procured donations for silent auction fund-raiser. Representative to coalition organizing "Rolling Thunder Seattle."
Intern, Public Interest Associates (Bellevue, WA), May 2001
* Assisted with business meetings, organizational research, and event planning
* Written and verbal communication
* Electronic research
* Web / HTML
* Grassroots organizing
References Available Upon Request